Based in Brussels, CEPF is a non-profit organisation, representing nearly 16 million forest owners. These are private individuals, families and cooperatives, which take care of approximately 60% of the European forest area.
Description of work
The Office Manager is responsible for ensuring the effective operation of the organisation, including the areas of finance, administration and communications. The main responsibility will be managing the office finances and financial reporting and the person is expected to have relevant experience. Furthermore, the Office Manager participates in the communication activities of the organisation and takes part in preparing meetings/events.
The Office Manager is supervised by and reports to the Secretary General for the different tasks assigned. The position is permanent, full time, starting as soon as possible.
- Process invoices, expenses and payments
- Maintain and develop financial systems, processes and practices
- Prepare financial reports on a quarterly basis
- Cooperate with the external accountant and auditors
- Ensure compliance with financial and other statutory rules and regulations, also through the timely submission of relevant reports
- Day-to-day office management
- Update the CEPF website
- Draft news on forest-related EU policies
- Organise internal and external meetings and take minutes of the high-level meetings
- Support the policy advisors in lobbying activities
Experience and competencies
- University degree or an equivalent in a relevant discipline is an advantage
- At least 2 years of working experience in international organisations
- Fluency in English, French is an advantage
- Good knowledge of the forest-based sector and EU policies
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- Willingness to work in a challenging and hectic environment
We offer you a great opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and develop your skills in international forest policy. For more information, please contact Policy Advisor Meri Siljama tel. +32 491 73 56 05. Please send your application, CV and net salary expectations by 31 May 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org.