The action plan identifies concrete actions to be further developed and implemented, some of them concerning forests and forest-based sectors, among which:
- A legislative proposal for a sustainable product policy initiative
- Mandatory Green Public Procurement criteria and targets in sectorial legislation
- A new EU strategy for textiles
- A new EU strategy for a sustainable built environment
- A regulatory framework for the certification of carbon removals
- Improving measurement, modelling and policy tools to capture synergies between the circular economy and climate change mitigation and adaptation at EU national level
- Review to reinforce the essential requirements for packaging and reduce (over)packaging and packaging waste
Please find the action plan here.
The timetable on the actions can be found here.